I spent a few hours on hold a few weeks ago talking to people at the DMV, trying to explain that my registration was never mailed to me after I paid for it online. When I finally talked to someone that said it could be replaced, she said that I had to wait ONE more day because it had only been 29 days since they mailed it out, and they could not send a replacement until 30 days after.
So I had to get my sister involved because I did not have time to be on hold again the next day. Well, the replacement had finally come and it's already February, which is when my registration expires.
I got the sticker, which was mailed to my parents' house, then mailed to me, sometime earlier this week. I hadn't had time to put it on, and it was raining up until this morning. Finally, I thought it was time to go out there and do it.
I took a towel and a screw driver with me to clean and place the sticker under the frame. When I got out there with everything in hand I realized that there was already a 2010 sticker on my license plate!!!
I really couldn't remember when I would have put it on, and really thought that I had never received it. So my first thought was that the sticker was probably for another car at home, like the camry or avalon. Then I went to place my duplicate registration in my glove compartment when I found the REAL one! I also found on there a little yellow post-it note that had an address on Vermont Street written in my brother's handwriting. Now I know who had received my registration a long time ago, put my sticker on, and forgot all about it. Thanks K.
3 comments:
Uhhh... getting old sucks. Sorry to cause so much ruckus over nothing.
yea ken. what's the matter with you. you wasted hours or everyone's time!!!
too funny! i love DMV horror stories!
Post a Comment